MRG sets forth this Code of Professional Ethics to guide the professional and personal conduct of its certification holders. CMDSP® certification holders shall:
- Hold paramount the safety and security of the use of Mobile Devices.
- Act for each employer or customer as faithful agents or trustees for Mobile Device Endeavours.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Support the implementation of and encourage compliance with appropriate standards and procedures for the effective management of Mobile Device security policies, projects and technology, including the installation, implementation, control, monitoring and risk management for Mobile IT Programs.
- Perform duties with objectivity, due diligence and professional care, in accordance with professional standards.
- Serve in the interest of stakeholders in a lawful manner, while maintaining high standards of conduct and character, and not discrediting the profession or the CMDSP Certificate.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their activities unless disclosure is required by legal authority. Such information shall not be used for personal benefit or released to inappropriate parties.
- Maintain competency in the field of Mobile Device Security and agree to undertake only those activities he/she can reasonably expect to complete with the necessary skills, knowledge and competence.
- Provide accurate, truthful information and representations concerning qualifications, experience and performance of work.
- Inform appropriate parties of the results of work performed including the disclosure of all significant facts known to them that, if not disclosed, may distort the reporting of the results.
- Refrain from engaging in activities for inappropriate personal gain at the expense of customers, his/her company or the profession.
- Be accurate and truthful in all dealings with customers and be careful not to misrepresent the quality, availability or ability of my services.
- Support the professional education of stakeholders in enhancing their understanding of the management of Mobile Devices in the workplace.
- Serve all members of the public impartially, providing no special privilege or substandard service based upon age, race, national origin, color, gender or handicapping condition.
- Cooperate with MRG concerning ethics violations and the collection of related information.
Failure to comply with this Code of Professional Ethics can result in an investigation into a certification holder's conduct and, ultimately, in disciplinary measures.